Austin Broady have once again been awarded the CHAS Certificate of Accreditation within the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme. This certificate is only awarded to companies who demonstrate a compliance with the sound management of current basic health and safety legislation.
Each month thousands of contractors and consultants apply for work with public and private sector organisations. To win work, they must meet the buyer’s health and safety standards.
By assessing our health and safety competence and thereafter being CHAS approved it reduces duplication as suppliers compliance is accepted by all CHAS buyers.
CHAS assessed Austin Broady’s:
- Health and safety policy statement;
- Our organisation for health and safety;
- Our specific health and safety arrangements to a standard that is acceptable to Chas buyers and to others.
Participating in the CHAS scheme helps both suppliers and buyers.
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS’ buyers.(Some Buyers may require “Accredited” Status)
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier’s safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources